You know. A man has the opportunity to accomplish so many things in his life. We get so involved with getting ourselves attached to the track of life when we are young, that we barely realize what's happening around us.
I mean, so many things occur that you saw happening to other people when you were young. Money problems, sleep deprivation, heartache. It all seemed like something in the movies, and that life was going to work itself out. Some people still don't get it. You can only keep your head buried in the sand long enough before you wake up in the middle of a life that you had no real control of, but you are living.
You may not be where you want to be, you may not have the security you desire or the career started you planned on having. But those things are attainable with hard work and true human spirit. There are so many wonderful things in this world. Yes, so many exciting aspects of life that you have the opportunity to reach out and grab.
But please never forget there will always be sadness where happiness exists. We all will pass on one day. We will leave a group of family and friends grieving and missing us. We may have great downfalls when it comes to money or our jobs. Things that will rock the very foundation we built to stand on. I don't mean to sound macabre, but the point I am trying to make is that those things are part of life and are a certainty to every man.
But everything wonderful that I have mentioned, exists only as our guidelines and system for existing in this world. It's man-made to have a need for money. Sure we understand why but still the fact remains that it's something extra to the things we really require.
Something not artificial, that is worth utilizing every last breath we take, is love. Love is the most beautiful thing in the world. Some people know it, some think they know it. Some go their whole life's taking it for granted and wasting it. But sadly those people lost sight of much more then love, they lost themselves.
Being held by the woman you love, being looked at like the most important person on the earth. Having her smile and knowing you put that smile on her face. Hugging her tightly and smelling her lovely aroma that makes you feel safe inside. Love, and everything that comes with it is the single most important thing to have. What a beautiful feeling when you are by yourself and the person you cherish more then anyone else in the world comes running through your mind. You pause for a moment, and realize what you have. You long to see her and to feel that intense emotion flowing between you.
At my age love existed mostly in teaching itself to me. The trials of people I would grow to know and understand, but could feel no real love for. They taught me what was important to me, whether it be things that make me feel warm inside, or things that I know I cannot agree with. Giving myself almost completely away for a cause that was simply to fix someone else, proved to me many things. But most prominent is that I was not in love. Illusions, yes but not love. And the lesson I learned was to understand what true goodness was and to feel it before I put all my cards on the table and lose myself.
What a ride it has been. I nearly crashed and burned myself by chasing a mixed emotion that only hurt me. But that my friends, was the most important lesson about love I have ever learned.
Someone has my heart now. Someone worthy and trusted to take care of it. Someone who radiates all the passion and affection that I could ask for. At one simple cost, to give it back. And that, I will most certainly do, and do to the fullest. My heart is full again like a fresh sail and I'm off my feet with happiness. She took some shots in the battlefield and withstood some battering by my unconscious and twisted up heart. But she finalized the lesson I was learning by showing me something truly worth dying for, something worth pulling my head out of the sand. I will never ever forget the kindness and compassion this girl has shown a lonely soul like I used to be.
And now to resume my path. A new day has dawned and I stand here no longer with a broken city around me. But a recovering one. Things are happening because I make them happen. I'm too determined to fail anymore. And I am full to my hearts capacity, with pure, wonderful love.
Ahead on the road comes the part I unfortunately can't write about yet. But to me, seems like the most wonderful part. The first place together, the two lives becoming one, the marriage, the house together, the children, the family, the old age. Someone who shares that much of your life has got to be special and worthy of that. So the latest lesson I've taken from all this is that I have that someone, and she will need the exact same from me.
I have only just begun feeling something this pure, but already I know that this feeling is truly what life is about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment